November 2022 Newsletter.
• WELCOME MEMBERS AND GUESTS.
- Meeting was called to order at 10:02 am by Steve M., President.
- Woody led the Pledge of Allegiance.
• READING / ACCEPTANCE OF PRIOR MONTH'S MINUTES
- Cheryl B. read the prior month’s minutes, Mike B. made the motion to accept the minutes and Bob G. 2nd it. The members present all agreed to accept the minutes as written.
• TREASURER REPORT.
- Cindy V. read the prior month’s Treasurer’s Report, Woody made the motion to accept the Treasurer’s Report and Mike B. 2nd it. The members present all agreed to accept the Treasurer’s Report.
• OLD BUSINESS.
- The Library Presentation at West Orange Brank went well. We would like to do another one in 2023.
- The November outing will be Metal Detecting at Hutchinson Island. We will meet at 9 am at the Parking lot across the street from Captain’s Galley, 825 Indian River Drive, Ft. Pierce, FL. 34950. Once everyone is there, we will go to several locations through out the day on Hutchinson Island.
• NEW BUSINESS.
- The next meeting is on Sunday, December 10th at Warren Park, 3406 Warren Park Road, Belle Isle, FL 32812. This meeting is the Annual Christmas Party and starts at 11 am.
- We will be using the items Steve has left for the Christmas party gifts which includes pans, classifiers, stream sluices, bottles, and a few magnets.
- We are also doing the White Elephant Gift Exchange for anyone who wants to participate. There is a $20.00 limit on the amount to spend on the gift. You must have a gift to participate.
- I have attached the sign-up sheet with a list of what is being brought for the Christmas Buffet. Please let me know if you are attending and what you would like to bring.
- It’s that time again to elect officers for the 2023 Board. You must be a member of the GPAA in order to vote on the Officers and to be an Officer. The following Officers have agreed to stay on for next year but anyone can write an someone on the ballad if they would like:
President - Steve M.
Treasurer - Cindy V.
Vice President and Secretary are open.
- We are still trying to plan outings for next year.
• RAFFLES & DRAWINGS
- 50/50 drawing was won by Mike B. Gold drawing was won by Lou P.